Tuesday – Saturday: 7:45 – 8:05 AM
Saturday: 4:00 – 4:50 PM
Confessions will be held in the cry room located at the back of the church.
Saturday: 5:00 PM
Sunday: 7:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM
Tuesday – Saturday: 8:15 AM
NO MASS on Mondays
Holy Days of Obligation
No Vigil Mass
Holy Day: 7:00 AM, 12:00 PM, & 7:00 PM
Different Schedules for Christmas and January 1
Sunday Mass will be streamed at 7:30 am on our Facebook page, and will be available the rest of the day.
Sacred Heart Parish Welcomes You!
Holy Week Schedule at Sacred Heart, Lincoln, NE. April 5-12, 2020-Click Here
Public Liturgies Suspended in the Diocese of Lincoln
In accordance with the directives of Governor Rickets and the CDC, the Diocese of Lincoln has indefinitely suspended all public Masses, communal (group) celebrations of the Sacraments, and other liturgies, until further notice.To view the official statement, click HERE.
Some implications of this decision:
- A reminder that the Sunday Mass obligation is dispensed by Archbishop Lucas for all Catholics in the Diocese of Lincoln. You are strongly encouraged to watch a Mass on TV or online, and to pray at home with the Sunday Scriptures and the Rosary. We will provide links to more online resources soon.
- Sacred Heart Church remains open for private prayer. Protocol for social distancing must be observed.
- Confessions are allowed in open-air spaces. Therefore, at Sacred Heart, we will use the Cry Room as the confessional, with the priest sitting on the other side of a screen, for your privacy. The usual Confession times (Tuesday-Saturday, 7:45 to 8:05 am, and Saturday at 4:00 to 5:00 pm) will be observed. You may also call for an appointment.
- No parish religious education programs (including CCD) are to assemble.
- No parish public events or gatherings that exceed 10 persons are allowed. Therefore, our Potato Bar scheduled for April 3 is cancelled.
- Weddings are restricted to 10 or fewer persons.
- Funerals should be restricted to immediate family and friends, fewer than 10 attending.
In addition to these liturgical restrictions, some other changes are:
- The bulletin will available online, at sacredheartlincoln.org. A limited number of paper copies will be available in the church.
- The Charity and Stewardship Appeal (CSA/DDP) will be conducted entirely by mail, beginning about March 25. The Diocese will send us extra materials for this.
- As you know, our parish expenses will continue during this time. You are encouraged to mail your donations to the parish office: Sacred Heart, 3128 S ST, Lincoln, NE 68503. Or, you can give online using our parish website, sacredheartlincoln.org. Click the “online giving” tab towards the top of the home page.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Fr.email@example.com.
Let us invoke the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, asking her protection in these difficult times over all of us, our parishioners, our country, and the entire world.
God bless you,